Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sweet Prayer of Thanks

Tonight as Mark was putting Victoria to bed, she said the most precious prayer of thanksgiving.

Mark and Victoria had just finished reading the bible story (Luke 17) about the lepers whom Jesus healed and all of them walked off and didn't come back after being healed. Only one comes back to thank Jesus for healing him.

Mark: Punkin, what are you thankful for?
Victoria: Jesus, dying for me.
Mark: What?
Victoria: Died for me.
Mark: Did you say Jesus died for you?
Victoria: Jesus died for me, Jesus.

Mark picked her up with so much excitement and looked at her and said "Daddy is so happy!" while smothering her with kisses. He asked her if she'd like to go share what she was thankful for with me (I was reading to Isabella), and she eagerly wiggled out of his arms and ran to Isabella's room saying proudly "Died for me! Died for me!" What a joyful moment for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!