Saturday, October 23, 2010

Running for Baby Canales




Today I ran in the Chosen Half-Marathon to support our friends Jose and Christina Canales who are adopting a baby from Columbia. What a beautiful route! The marathon began and ended in Gruene, TX. The route took us along the Guadalupe River. The weather was perfect, cloudy with a light drizzle, and God showed off with a rainbow near the beginning of the run.

I have never run 13.1 miles, nor had I ever desired to do so, but a few weeks ago I thought "why not". I had a great time riding down to Gruene early Saturday morning with Lizzy Lou, taking in the beautiful scenery during the run, listening to my new playlist I had made the night before, and supporting Baby Canales whom I can't wait to meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!