Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day

It's been 7 years since the last time it snowed here in Austin. I remember I was a junior in college and I had just come back from the holidays and was waiting for the Spring semester to start. Classes were postponed and everyone was ecstatic that we were all able to sleep in for a few more days.

Boy, how things have changed in 7 years! I now have a family and even if I wanted to sleep in on a snow day, no can do. The girls were up and at 'em just like any other day, except today it took much longer to get dressed.


"Come on! Let's go play outside!"

"Wait for me!!! I'm almost ready!"

Plotting who her first victim will be.

Taking it all in...cautiously.

First face-plant of the day. Ouch!

This is how Texans slide down snowy hills. Wheee!

When your thumbs are useless in mittens, use what you have.

The best part of the morning...snow drinks. Mix a little snow, sugar, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!