Saturday, September 17, 2011

Another Birthday, Another Year


So I'm now in my mid-thirties. I'm 35 and great with it. I don't feel 35, so that's all that matters. And I had a great day.

I woke up to a husband who was already in the kitchen making breakfast. My place at the table was set with flowers and even a balloon. How sweet! My birthday fell on a Tuesday, so the girls went to MDO which gave me a few hours to myself. I worked out, then rushed to Target to see if I could find anything cute from the freshly launched line of Missoni. (I got there at 10:30am, and there were already many women coming out empty-handed with frownie faces on. The racks were depleted leaving only a few of the larger sizes left. The item I did score was a winter hat for Isabella. I guess she will be the only one showing off her Missoni this fall.) In the evening, Mark and I went on a date to have a delicious meal at Garrido's. It was a relaxing day and God blessed me with two little girls that behaved extraordinarily well and a husband that wanted to spoil me.

Here are some pictures of the "cake" the girls made me. While I was getting ready for dinner, they asked their daddy where my cake was. Oops. He hadn't thought of getting me or making me one because we were going out to eat. But to the girls, a birthday is not complete without a cake. So with 10 minutes before our babysitter arrived, and no cake mix or candles, this is what they cooked up with peanut butter, pretzels, craisins, Dora cereal, and seasoned breadcrumbs. Yum!! Do you like the matches?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!