Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our First Rodeo

I have one word that describes going to the rodeo with kids: chaos. I wasn't able to join the gang until half way through their rodeo adventure, but when I arrived I saw tired parents, grumpy toddlers, and chaos all around. The rodeo definitely looked like a fun place to spend the afternoon, but you have to be physically and mentally prepared for it. And maybe next time we'll bring a couple of leashes. After some petting, some milking, some rides, turkey legs and too much cotton candy, the gang was ready to get the kiddos home and to bed. A huge thanks to Grandma and Papa who took all four kids home so Jonathan, Cynthia, Mark and I could enjoy an adult evening out with some bull riding. While we waited for the rodeo events to begin, we made a beeline for the wine tasting tent. After the rodeo, we headed to Three Forks for some yummy apps and more wine. I'd never been to a rodeo, and I was thoroughly entertained and look forward to going again next year.

"Ever heard of sharing, Victoria? Hand over some cotton candy!"


The braver cousins are enjoying a ride together.


Grandma and Auntie Cynthia are creating order in the petting zoo. You'd think the animals had never eaten.


Isabella and Grayson have fun exploring the cow's utters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!