Friday, May 17, 2013

Seven Years Strong

How did we celebrate our seven year anniversary?  Camping of course! I know, most people thought I was crazy, but I thought it would be romantic to hike in three miles, be so secluded, spending such quality time with each other without our usual distractions...cell phone, computer, kids, work, etc...  Our first night there, I thought "What was I thinking?"  No, don't get me wrong.  It was so much fun to pack, hike in, pitch our tent, eat simply, and sleep in bags.  It was fun until I heard footsteps and someone fiddling with my backpack right by our tent at 1am.  Dang raccoons!  And I really began to second guess my wonderful idea to camp the second night when we heard gun shots at 1am, 3am, and 5am.  All I could think of was a serial camper killer on the loose!  Turns out it was just pig hunters on neighboring ranches.  Pig hunting in the middle of the night does NOT sound like a good time to me.  And how rude!  Don't they know there are campers trying to catch some much needed shut-eye?

Needless to say, we were both happy to pack up and head down the mountain first thing Saturday morning and head to our bed and breakfast that was waiting for us for the next two nights.  And we got there just before it began to pour!  We had a great time wine tasting the next two days, well, maybe we had a bit too much fun wine tasting and relaxing.

The entire trip was such a blast!  There's no one else I would rather have been with to protect me...from a gang of racoons.   And there's no one else I would rather have been with to get sloshed on wine.  What a couple of light weights!  I love my hubby so much and thank God for him each and every day!

Proud of his JetBoil

Another proud moment, just in time for sunset....phew!

Showing off

Exploring caves

Demonstrating his bouldering skills

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!