Monday, December 13, 2010

Sisterly Bond

A few things have happened in the past few weeks that shows us the love that is growing between Isabella and Victoria.

• Over the Thanksgiving holiday, Isabella and Victoria slept in the same room while we spent time in Albuquerque. I was leary about having them sleep together because I thought they might wake each other up. But they slept great, and I really think they enjoyed being so close. And sure enough, when we returned home, Victoria cried for the next four nights because she was no longer sleeping with her big sis.

•  A few days ago, all four of us were in the car and Mark and I turned around to see the girls giggling and holding hands across the backseat.

• Yesterday, as I was upstairs preparing Isabella to come downstairs from her nap, she could hear Victoria crying downstairs. (Daddy was downstairs with Victoria and had accidently taken her snack away.) Isabella straightened up and her eyes widened and she yelled "Victoria! I was sleeping but I'm coming!" She was truly concerned for her little sister and wanted to let her know that help was on the way!! She just needed to get her diaper changed :)

• Today, as Isabella settled in her crib for her afternoon nap, Victoria stood on her tippy toes, peeked through the slats in the crib said "Nigh, nigh. I you." (Which means "Night night. I love you.")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!