Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Best Day

Today was the best day. I felt so loved by my hubby, Mark. He was so attentive, thoughtful, and so willing to serve all day.

Here's how my Mother's Day went: It started with a gradual wake-up and then I got ready for church at my own pace as Mark cooked a hearty breakfast of eggs, sausage, fruit, toast, and coffee. Then he woke the girls up, did the whole potty/diaper thing and then brought them downstairs. Isabella ran into my room to hand deliver her card and yell "Happy Mudder's Day!". Shortly afterward, Victoria waddled into the room as well to give me a morning smile. After church, Mark prepared lunch while I got to sit with the girls to watch some hynotizing Baby Einstein. Then we had some family time in the playroom, and then I took a 2 hour nap along with the girls!! I can't remember the last time I took a nap longer than 45 minutes. It felt amazing!! After naptime, we spent some time swimming at our neighborhood pool, and then we headed to Santa Rita for some fajitas. We even got front door "Moms Only" parking...perfect! We came home and the girls rode their tricycles around the cul-de-sac, and then we marched them upstairs for their bedtime routine. Mark had secretly booked a babysitter, so after the girls were down, we slipped out to meet some friends for some frozen yogurt. I felt like we did so much today, but I felt so loved and taken care of.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to spend time with my own momma, but thanks to iChat, we were able to wish her a Happy Mother's Day face-to-face. I look forward to her next trip so we can spend some time together. Until then, this song reminds me of her. I love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!