Saturday, May 28, 2011

Fresh and Simple


We're on our way to a friend's house for a pre-Memorial Day barbecue, so I thought I'd use some of our homegrown basil to make a side dish to share. I thought of this recipe that a friend recently gave me. It was my first time making it. The salad turned out so good, that the girls (who had just finished a big lunch) were begging for more. Victoria couldn't get enough of the tomatoes, and Isabella was loving the fresh basil and "acorns" (corn).


EZ Corn-Tomato Salad


Ingredients:

1 pkg. frozen corn (thawed) - I used a can of corn because that's what we had in the pantry.

1 container cherry tomatoes (halved)

bunch of basil (finely chopped)

1-2 t. olive oil

salt and pepper

Optional: 1 can of black beans, drained

Throw all ingredients in a bowl and stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!