Thursday, May 26, 2011

Our Daily Bread

I inherited a bread maker from Madre, Mark's mom, that had just been collecting dust, so I've been anxious to try some different recipes. This one caught my eye because we already had all the ingredients in our pantry. I love knowing what the girls are putting in their mouth, and I can pronounce all the ingredients! This takes about five minutes to throw together, and then you can wake up to fresh bread in the morning. Yum!



CRANBERRY OAT BREAD

Ingredients:

1 cup warm water
2 Tbsp honey or brown sugar (whichever you have)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 c rolled oats
1 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 3/4 tsp dry yeast
1/3 c dried cranberries (raisins or coarsely chopped dried apricots are also tasty)

Directions:
Add all ingredients to the bread machine in the order listed. Bake as a basic loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!